Growing Distance

You used to be just a stone’s throw away,

Always accessible, readily kind,

And then, it become a phone call away,

But you were still reachable,

Too soon, you seemed too distant,

Yet still promptly comforting,

Even as distance separated us,

Even as we led increasingly different lives,


As we tread on unfamiliar paths,

You were right beside me,

It seemed I could rant to you about anything,

Form my trivial worries,

To my worst fears and my deepest thoughts,

It was you, who keep me going,

Who keep me from crumbling,


But now, distance is not an issue

Yet, I feel cruelly separated from you,

It’s like we dwell in different worlds,

What could have caused this?

Is this a brutal reminder?

That time had change,

Is this the price we had to pay,

For growing up?


It feels like ages since our last hug,

Since I heard you reassuring voice,

I need you now,

There might be a million people around me,

But none can be you.

Cause you are my most precious friend.

And I miss you more that words can say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment