Winter Frost
















Our love blossomed as spring begun.

As beautiful flowers bloomed under the sun,

You held my hand and you touch my heart.

From that moment on, we would never part,


It felt like magic, the love that we shared.

The greatest feeling that I have ever had,

So I decided to let my words be few.

For my heart spoke of an eternity with you,


Then the summer came and spring had to go.

As for our love, it continued to grow,

Then I was certain about you and me.

That our young love would never die,


Love grew deeper with each new day,

We thought our summer would forever stay.

Foolish we are, indulging in such bliss,

We thought it would actually last like this.


Our dear summer ended with a sigh,

Leaves began falling, autumn drew nigh.

Losing the magic that spring had brought,

We gave our love a second thought.


Then I held you close and began to say,

Don’t leave, everything will be okay.

But the changes we felt could not be denied,

For autumn had come, summer had died.


And that was the end of summer reign,

With autumns approach and with it, much pain.

But pain wasn’t the word to describe it,

For it was only the tiniest bit.


Of the tip of the iceberg that autumn had brought,

Beneath it all was worse than we thought.

That was then I really began to appreciate,

The love we once shared as it moved towards hate.


Autumn leaves fell, slowly, fading to gray,

As did our love, slowly fading away.

Autumn was longer that we thought it would be,

We wished what come next, would come hastily.


I went all out and said, “Come what may!”,

“Be careful for what you wish for,” I heard some say.

For out of the blue came a hint of snow,

You gave me ‘that look’ and I said ‘I know’.


With a peak on the cheek we sealed our goodbyes,

How I wish I could wipe those tears off your eyes.

How I wish I could hold your hand once again,

To say that our love would forever remain.


But now I sit here all by myself, and all by myself I linger,

With deep regret because I expected our love to last forever.

But like this trees that fade and the flower that wither,

Out love wasn’t strong enough to survive the winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment